Today’s leaders must be capable of maintaining peak performance over time as well as managing their well-being. “Mindfulness” is the practice of attaining a place of inner clarity of mind and peace of heart. Specifically, it’s about learning how to bring greater attention and focus to our moment-by-moment challenges, staying on purpose and present, and doing so from a non-judgmental state of mind. While Mindfulness’s focus is internal and very personal, there are huge benefits to one’s outer world, career, performance and ability to produce results. The more mindful we are, the better choices we make, and our capacity to engage in challenges and navigate them successfully is greatly enhanced. Download our "Power of Mindfulness" Whitepaper here.
Benefits of Mindfulness
Some of the many benefits of practicing Mindfulness are recognizing and avoiding automatic and habitual reactions, responding more effectively to complex and challenging emotional situations, bringing greater clarity and vision to one’s daily life, and achieving greater work life balance.
Mindfulness operates on the premise that our ego automatically seeks control and that the mind “has a mind of its own.” This automatic behavior requires guidance through a unique practice of setting one’s ego aside and accessing what is called the “SupraSelf.” (Supra means “above and beyond,” and is a very real aspect of our identity, one existing beyond the reach of our ego, willfulness and need for control.) Here is the curriculum outline for The Practice of Mindfulness program.
Level of Dedication Required By Attendees
Attendee Experience Level (1 = Novice 10 = Veteran)
Length of Initial Program (Days)
Follow Up Program (Days)
Program Curriculum Outline
- Leadership mindfulness parallels drawn for performance and collaboration.
- Distinction between “Compliance” and “Collaboration” mindful approaches.
- The leap from “Mediocrity to Extraordinary” via the power of “SupraSelf.”
- The “Ego’s Illusion of Smallness” and the “SupraSelf’s Reality of Greatness.”
Awareness & Presence
- Accelerate mindfulness through the practice of being a “Leader of One.”
- The “Four Levels of Awareness” for integrating of “Supra-Awareness.”
- Distinguish and utilize principles and practices of “Presence and Choice.”
- Learn self-awareness/mindfulness practice of “Inside Time/Outside Time.”
Who We Are
- Understand the “Power of Context” and how it shapes meaning and results.
- Group exercise “Shift One’s Context of Trust” to collaborative engagement.
- Understand difference of “Who” we are, “Why” we are and “What” we are.
View of Results
- Introduction of “SupraVision” a breakthrough in daily active mindfulness.
- The “3 R’s” of generative SupraVision, “Recognition, Respect & Reverence.”
- The “Listening for Greatness” and “Speaking from Intent” mentoring model.
- Hands-on practice lab work on the skills taught in the program to this point.”
- Cumulative skills summary and “Teach the Material” integration process.
The Power of Mindfulness: Diamius Comparative Engagement Index (Five Facets of Development)
- LOVE (Faith, Honor, Compassion, Devotion, Gratitude) 85% 85%
- ALIVENESS (Vitality, Wellness, Spirituality, Emotionality) 95% 95%
- ABUNDANCE (Wealth, Funding, Income, Career, Contribution) 70% 70%
- BELONGING (Social, Relations, Family, Spouse, Friends) 80% 80%
- JOY (Creativity, Leisure, Expression, Travel, Learning) 75% 75%